OPG Dental Implants
Orthopantomogram (OPG) is brought by advances in dental imaging technology and unlike previous methods of taking X-rays, this machine allows the taking of a scan of the entire upper and lower jaw, at the same time, scanning the teeth and jaw bone from ear to ear. This takes about a minute and shows facial bones, teeth and sinuses, all in one image and there are no X-ray film holders to bite down on.
Why Digital OPG?
- Broader coverage of facial bones and teeth in one image
- Low patient radiation dose
- Convenience of examination for the patient (no films need to be placed inside the mouth)
- Ability to be used in patients who cannot open the mouth or when the opening is restricted
- Short time required for making the image
- Panoramic images produced are useful visual aid in case presentation